The Basic LTI tool allows you to add tools which support the IMS Basic Learning Tools Interoperability standard in your sites. The Basic LTI launch protocol securely sends user, site, and role information to the external tool using the OAuth (www.oauth.net) security mechanism.
Configuring the LTI tool
When you make arrangements with an external tool provider, they will provide you with a launch URL for the tool, key, and a secret. These values must be entered as part of the configuration of the tool. Make sure not to reveal these values to the other members of the site.
- In the left Tool List of your site, select the LTI Tool Name.
- Select Edit.
- Enter the launch URL for the tool in the Remote Tool URL text field.
- Enter the tool key in the Remote Tool Key text field.
- Enter the secret code in the Remote Tool Secret text field.
- Enter a title for the tool which will appear in toolbar of the site in the Set Button Text text field.
- Enter a title for the page title which will appear on the page of the tool in the Set Tool Title text field.
- Select Update Options to save settings for LTI tool.
For more details on the technical aspects of the IMS Basic LTI standard, see www.imsglobal.org.