Import Scores from TEMC (Testing Evaluation and Measurement Center)
The Gradebook tool is able to import .CSV files containing scores and comments from the Testing, Evaluation, and Measurement Center (TEMC).
When importing grades from Testing, Evaluation, and Measurement Center (TEMC) into Gradebook
Column headers in the University Testing Center file must not be changed. Grades, comments and other data in the file itself can be changed, but column headers must not be modified. If column headers are changed, you will receive an error during the import process.
If a student does not provide their correct Texas State ID (A#) on their Scantron form, their scores will not be imported into Gradebook. Students who cannot be imported will be identified during the import process.
The file type must remain .CSV. Other file types cannot be imported into Gradebook.
Import Grades from Testing, Evaluation, and Measurement Center (TEMC)
- In the Gradebook Overview screen, click [Tools] and select [Import].
- Select University Testing Center from the Import Format drop-down menu.
- Click [Browse] and locate the University Testing Center file you wish to import. Click [Open].
NOTE: If you received your scores .CSV file in an email from the Testing Center, you must download the file to your computer before attempting an import.
- Click [Next].
- An alert box will appear if any entries do not match user id's in the course. Click [Ok] to close the alert box.
- Enter a name for the item you are importing. This is the name that will be assigned to the item in Gradebook.
- Click [Next].
- Select an option from the [Grade Column] and [Comment Column] drop-down menus.
- Select a Grade Type and click [Next].
- Enter the maximum point value you wish to assign to the item. The default value is 100.
- Click [Preview].
- If your Gradebook has been setup to use Categories, you may choose the category you wish to assign the grade to in the Category column. Click on the category in the column and assign it appropriately.
- Click [Import].
The grades that are imported are not released to students. You must change this setting if you wish to make the score visible to participants. Any comments that were included in the import file will be available to students in the Comments tab. If you wish to view the comments, click a student’s name and click the Comments tab.