Gradebook: Enter & Edit Grades
Gradebook allows instructors to calculate and store grade information for items that are completed either online or offline. Manually added items may be entered and edited directly within the Gradebook interface.
Grades that are being sent to the Gradebook from other tools, such as Assignments or Assessments, are managed within their respective tools. You do not need to enter or edit them via the Gradebook.
- In the Gradebook you will see a spreadsheet view of all the gradebook items in your course.
- Select the appropriate cell for the grade item to enter a grade. The cell contents will change to show a score entry field out of the total number of points for that item.
- Enter a grade and select the Enter key to navigate to different grade cells.
- A green check mark and highlighted cells will appear to indicate when a grade has been saved. Grade entry is saved automatically while entering grades.
- Select the down arrow within the cell for a particular student score and then choose Add/Edit Comment.
- Enter the comment and select Save Comment to save the comment.
- A comment icon will appear within the cell to indicate there is an instructor comment associated with the score.
- Selecting the comment icon will display the comment.
- To view the grade log, select the down arrow within the cell for a particular student score and then choose Grade Log.
- The grade log shows any changes to the student score, including the date and time of the change, as well as the change in score and the username of the user that made the change.
- Select Done to close the grade log.