Attendance using the Card Access Readers
Students’ attendance will automatically be tracked via student checkins with the Card Access Readers and added into the Attendance tool in TRACS.
If you are an instructor in one of the Teaching Theaters, automated attendance tracking will be enabled by default based on you being an instructor in one of the teaching theaters. For additional information on where to locate attendance data, please visit the Attendance Tracking Service Page
- Alkek 250
- Centennial Hall 157
- LBJ Student Center 4-16.1
- UAC 105
How does it work?
How Does It Work?
- A session will automatically be created when the first student checks in by scanning their ID's against a card reader.
- Checkins will only be sent for students that are officially registered for your course.
- Visit the attendance tool to load your roster.
When a checkin session is active, students will have a set number of minutes to be counted as Present, Late or Absent.
- Present - Student is marked Present when they check in between 15 minutes before and after the session start time.
- Late - Student is marked Late when they check in between 15 and 30 minutes after the session start time.
- Absent - Student is marked Absent when they check in after 30 minutes of the session start time or if they don't check in.
Change Checkin Attendance Setting
- Select Settings to enter the settings page.
- Change Mark as Late to the preferred number of minutes to be marked late.
- Change Mark as Absent to the preferred number of minutes to be marked absent.
- Select Save Settings to save changes.