Turnitin with Assignments
TRACS Assignments has Turnitin integration. Simply enable the feature on your assignment settings page. Originality reports will generate for each student directly on your assignment grade page.
It is not necessary to have an account created with Turnitin before creating your assignment, nor is it necessary for students to create a Turnitin account.
Turnitin will only check papers that have been submitted as an attachment. Microsoft Word documents, PDF, HTML, RTF, and plain text files are the only file types that are accepted.
Create an Assignment with Turnitin Enabled
- Select Add in the Assignments tool.
- Enter a Title, Open Date, Due Date, and Accept Until Date for the assignment.
- Select Single Uploaded File only from the Student Submissions drop-down menu.
- Enter a Grade Scale, if desired.
- Enter Assignment Instructions.
- Select the checkbox next to Use Turnitin.
- Select the checkbox next to Allow students to view report, if you wish for the students to see the Turnitin Report.
- Choose which repository to submit papers. Submitting the paper to the Standard Paper Repository places a copy of the student's submission in the Turnitin database for use in future reports. This way each paper submitted adds to the resources Turnitin has available to them. It is recommended to submit papers to the Standard Paper Repository.
- Choose when to Generate Originality Reports. If immediately is chosen, the report will be available in about 20 minutes. If the On Due Date option is chosen, the report will be generated on the assignment's due date.
- Select the Exclusion Option.
- Choose which databases you wish to verify the submission against, under Check Originality Against.
- Choose your Grading options.
- Choose the Access options you wish to set for the assignment.
- Choose your Submission Notification and Grade Notification options.
- Select Post to post your assignment.