Create a Random Question Assessment
Random question assessments allow you to give each of your students a unique assessment using question pools. Randomizing assessments requires that you create an Assessment Type and that you have a question pool already created.
You must have a Question Pool already created. For more information on how to set up a Question Pool, please see Question Pools.
- On the left Tool List of your site, select Assessments.
- Choose an Assessment Type.
- In the assessment title bar, give your assessment a name.
- Select Create.
- Select Edit (to the right of Copy to Pool in the new screen).
- Under Type, select Random draw from question pools.
- Select the pool name from the drop-down list that you would like to pull questions from.
- Choose what type of randomization you wish to use.
- Enter the Point Value for the questions given. This will override any previous point values assigned to the original question. For example, if you wanted to give an assessment which drew 20 questions randomly and you want each question to be worth 5 points, the total assessment would be worth 100 points.
- Enter the point value to deduct point(s) for incorrect answers. The default is zero. For example, the participant would receive zero points for an incorrect answer and would then have the additional point(s) deducted.
- Select Save.
- Publish your assessment, as normal, when you want it to be available.