Release an Assessment to a Group
The Assessments tool gives you the option to release an assessment to a specific student or to groups of multiple students in in your TRACS site. This is useful if you have students who need an extended amount of time for a timed assessment, or if you would like to administer a makeup to specific students in your site.
Create New Group in Site Info
- Go to Site Info.
- Select Manage Groups.
- Select Create New Group.
- In the Group Title field, enter a Title for your group, e.g., Project team. Enter a Description for the group.
- Select the check box if you would like to allow members to see the other members of the group you are creating.
- From the window on the left, select a site member to add to the Group Member List. You can select multiple users by holding down the Control key on a PC or Command key on a Mac and selecting the users you wish to add. Use the arrow buttons to add to or remove from the Group Member List.
- Repeat until you have added all the members you would like into the group.
- When you are finished, select Add.
Assign Assessment to Group
- On the left Tool List of your site, select Assessments.
- Navigate to the Assessment you wish to assign to a group.
- On the Select drop-down menu of the Assessment select Settings & Publish.
- In the Availability and Submissions menu select the Assessments Released to drop-down menu.
- Select Selected Groups.
- A list containing all of the groups you've created on your site should appear. Select the checkbox next to the groups you wish to release your assessment to.
- When you have finished selecting your groups, modify your settings as necessary.
- Change title of exam
- Do not send grade to gradebook
- When you have finished modifying your settings, select Save or Save Settings and Publish to publish your assessment.
- If you chose to publish your assessments, you will see a drop-down arrow in your Published Assessments: released to students tab under the Released To column that your assessment has been released to (#)Selected group.