Lessons: Add and Edit a Subpage
Subpages create links to additional lesson pages within the current lesson to allow users to add additional content.
A top-level Lessons page is a Lessons page that is listed by name in the Tool Menu. Subpages are connected to top-level Lessons pages by a link or a button.
Add a Subpage
- Select Add Content and select Add Subpage.
- Enter a title for the new page in the Page title box.
- (Optional) Select Choose Existing Page to link to an already created subpage.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox for Next Page to make the Next button go to this new subpage instead of the next lesson.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox Show as button rather than link to make the new subpage appears as a button instead of a hyperlink.
- Select Create to finish.
Edit a Subpage
- Select the paper and pencil icon next to the subpage to modify. The Edit Item box will appear on screen. The options available for modification are as follows:
- Item Name: Change the name of the subpage.
- Item Description: Change or add a description for the subpage. Description will appear below resource.
- Change Page: Change the subpage being linked.
- Next page: When selected, the navigational weblinks at the top of the page are removed rather than continue with the threaded navigation (breadcrumbs).
- Show as button rather than link: If selected, the new subpage will appear as a button instead of a hyperlink.
- Hide page until the following date (the page will be listed with the release date)
- Indent Level
- Custom CSS class
- Don't Release Item Until All Prerequisites are Completed: Select this option to make page become available only after previously 'Required' items have been completed/accessed.
- Require This Item: Select this option to make this resource a required item for future lessons.
- Edit the Groups for which this item should be shown: Allows only selected groups access to subpage.
- Select Update Item to save changes