Allow Students to Add Content to Lessons Pages
The Add Student Content feature of Lessons will allow students to add their own pages. Their pages will look exactly like an instructor's Lesson pages, with fewer available content types.
Student Content allows students to share material with the rest of the class. There is also an option to permit other students to comment on their work.
Add Student Content
- Click Add Content and select Add Student Content.
Edit Student Content
- Select Edit next to the Student Content tool to modify the following:
- Make These Student Pages Anonymous: Select this checkbox to make the author of the page anonymous to participants, except to the instructor.
- Create Gradebook items for these: Select this checkbox to add a grade item in the gradebook. Enter the maximum point value for the entry.
- Add a Comments Section to Each Page: Places a comments tool at the bottom of each page, allowing other students to comment on the work.
- Make These Comments Anonymous: The author of the comments will not be shown, except to the instructor.
- Grade these comments: Select this checkbox to add a grade item in the gradebook. Enter the maximum point value for the entry.
- Add a peer review rubric to each page: Select this checkbox to allow students to evaluate the student content using the default or customized rubric.
- Open Date: Enter the open and end date for students to submit their peer review.
- Allow self-grade: Allows the author of the student content to review grade their own work.
- Student pages will be associated with groups rather than individuals: Select this checkbox to allow groups to collaboratively create pages.
- Select the groups that can add content to the student pages.
- Students only see their own page: Select this checkbox to make the student pages visible only to the instructor and the author of the page.
- Don't Release Item Until All Prerequisites are Completed: Select this option if you would like the student contents section to be accessible only after previously 'Required' items have been completed/accessed.
- Require This Item: Select this option to make this item a 'Required' item for later on in the Lesson Builder plan. The requirement will be satisfied once someone has added added a page with at least some content.
- Edit the groups for which this item should be shown: Allows the student content to only be visible to selected groups.
- Select Update Item to save changes.