Link to a Forum or Topic
Add a Forum or Topic
- Select Add Content. then select Link to a Forum or Topic. A list of existing forum topics already created in your Forums tool will appear.
- Select the radio button to select the forum or topic you wish to add.
- Select Use Selected Item. The topic will be added to the lesson.
Edit Forum Topic
- Select the paper and pencil icon to change details to the forum or topic you would like to modify. The Edit Item box will appear on your screen. The options available for modification are as follows:
- Item Name - Change the name of the topic.
- Item Description - Change/add a description to your topic, which will appear beneath the link to the topic. The changes in topic description only appears in Lessons but not in the Forums tool
- Change Forum or Topic - Change the forum or topic to select a different one.
- Edit Forum Topic - Opens the linked topic to allow you to modify the settings for the topic.
- Don't Release Item Until All Prerequisites are Completed - Select this option if you would like the forum topic to be accessible only after previously Required items have been completed/accessed.
- Require that the student submit a posting to this topic - Select this option to make this item a 'Required' item for future lessons.
- Edit the groups for which this topic should be shown - Allows the topic to only be visible to selected groups.
- Select Update Item to save changes.