A connection in TRACS allows you to connect with other students, faculty, or staff within the Profile tool. When you connect with a user, you can do things such as send them a message, view their profile, and write on their profile wall.
Request a Connection
- Select Connections located at the top of the screen.
- Select Search for connections.
- You may search for people by name, email, or by common interest.
You may limit your connection search by TRACS worksite by selecting the checkbox next to "Limit search to selected worksite and choosing a worksite from the drop-list.
- Once you have located the person you would like to add as a connection, select Add as a Connection next to their name.
The person you are requesting to add as a connection will receive an email alerting them that you've requested a connection with them. That person will then have to log into their Profile tool and accept your connection request.
Accept or Ignore a Connection Request
When someone attempts to add you as a connection to their profile, you will receive an email notification with a URL in the body of the message.
- In the body of the email, select the TRACS URL.
- Your browser will open and you will be prompted to log into TRACS using your Texas State Net ID and password.
- Once logged in, you will be taken directly into the Profile tool's "Connections" page. Select Confirm Connection to accept.
If you choose to deny the connection, the person requesting the connection will NOT receive a notification.
Remove a Connection
- Select Connections located near the top of the page.
- Select Remove Connection.
- To verify the removal, select Remove Connection.
If you choose to remove the connection, the person requesting the connection will NOT receive a notification.