Public Sites List
Only published sites will be listed in the Public Sites List, and by default will only display the site's title and description. If your site is unpublished, it will NOT display on the Public Sites List.
The only information which may be shared to the public are individual Announcements, Resources, and Syllabus items. This information will only be displayed if the instructor or site maintainer selects each item to be Publicly Viewable. All TRACS course sites will be listed in the Public Sites List for the current semester, but will disappear after the semester term ends and all current course sites become unpublished.
How to Create a Public Site
- In Home, select Worksite Setup in the left Tool List. Select New towards the top of the screen.
- On the new screen, select the option for project site and select Continue.
- In the Site Title field, enter a name for the project site.
- Your name and email address should appear in the Site Contact Name and Site Contact Email fields. Select Continue to proceed to the next screen.
- Select the tools you will use in your site. A description is provided for each tool. If you have chosen the Mailing List Archive, News, or Web Content tools, you will be asked to enter further information. Select Continue to go to the next screen.
- Set project site access. The Publish site option is selected by default. Select Leave as Draft to make the site unavailable to participants.
- Under Global Access, select Limited to whom I add manually.
- To allow your site to be joined by anyone logging into TRACS, select Allow anyone to join the site with valid login id.
- If you choose this option, select a role for those that join your site from the drop-down menu. Anyone with access to TRACS will be able to search for your site and join it with the selected role if they wish.
- Select Continue.
- Confirm the site setup selections and accept the Appropriate Use and copyright statements.
- Select Create Site to create your site, Back to return to the previous screen to make changes.
How to Make an Existing Site Public
- In the left Tool list of your site, select Site Info.
- Select Manage Access to change your site's access settings.
- Under Site Visibility, change the option from Private to Display in public site list.
- Select Update to save your changes.