Create a Site by Requesting a Roster
If you are creating your course and do not see the roster you need, you will need to request it. Once a TRACS administrator has obtained approval from your department to add the roster, students will be enrolled in the site.
- Select Your Sites in the top right corner of TRACS. Select Create New Site at the top of the Your Sites menu.
- On the new screen, select the Create site from template option.
- Choose Course from the two template types.
- Scroll down to select the template you wish to use. Select the Academic term or semester in which the course will be taught using the drop-down menu that appears.
- You have three selections available:
- Copy users: Check the box next to this option if you would like to have the users from the source template in your new course site.
- Copy content: Check the box next to this option if you would like to use the content within the tools from the source template into your new course site.
- Publish Site: Check the box next to this option if you would like your new course site to be published immediately after creation.
- Select Show to view the Appropriate Use Statement and Copyright, Teach Act, Fair Use, Digital Millennium and Texas State Policies.
- Select the checkbox to accept the appropriate use statement and copyright policies.
- Select Go to Roster Selection.
- If you do not see the course listed, select the link, Add course(s) and/or section(s) not listed above... Enter the appropriate subject, course, and section information for the roster you are requesting in the designated text fields. An example roster would be (subject) Eng (course) 1100 (section) 251.
- In the text field, Authorizer's Net ID, enter the Net ID of the authorizer who will approve the roster request. This is the person that will contact a TRACS administrator to verify that you should have access to the roster.
- After you've selected, or requested, your roster, select Create Site From Template.
Your site has now been created with the selected template's tools and materials. You will be returned to the Worksite Setup page and will see the new site at the top of the screen and it will also be located in the Your Sites menu.