2016 Resolved Issues
If you add multiple rosters into a TRACS site and are attempting to sort Gradebook by sections, the drop-down menu will not display the section number, making it difficult to tell what the section number.
When sorting by section, Gradebook will automatically sort the sections from lowest to highest section numbers. For example if your TRACS site had sections 2333.001, 2333.002 and 2333.003, section 2333.001 will appear first in the list of sections.
- In Gradebook, click the [Attributes & Grades] tab.
- Click the checkbox next to the option [Section]. This will display the section the participant is registered for.
- Click the [Gradebook] tab to return to your Gradebook. When you check a box, your changes are saved and made available automatically.
Cannot view PDFs in TRACS
You cannot view PDFs in TRACS using the Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer 11 internet browsers.
Workaround: Right-click to Download the PDF
- Safari: "Download Linked File"
- Chrome: Save Link As"
- Internet Explorer 11: "Save Target As"
Workaround: Use Firefox or Edge
Firefox and Edge browsers will allow you to view PDFs in TRACS.
Bulk Download not working on Assignments created before February 27, 2016
If you are attempting to download all student submissions in Assignments for an assignment that was created before February 27, 2016, you will get an empty zip file unless you click the box to [Include students who have not yet submitted].
- In Assignments, click [Grade].
- Click [Download All].
- Check the box for [Student submission attachment(s)], or any other options for what they want to download.
- Check the box for [Include students who have not yet submitted]/
- Click [Download].
Navigation to grade students doesn't work properly in Assignments
In order to ensure that the navigation works, you will need to grade all student submissions in the Assignments tool.
Depending on the settings of the assignment, you may be able to enter grades for an assignment in Gradebook or in the Rubric Manager. Doing so, will cause the navigation to not work properly.
Syllabus disappearing when cutting and pasting from Word
This occurs when a heavily formatted table is included in the syllabus.
- Paste the Word document into the rich text editor using the Paste from Word tool .
- Using your mouse, highlight the table within the syllabus.
- Click the "Remove Formatting" tool .
NOTE: This will remove any bold fonts and colored text your syllabus may have had.
- Click the checkmark to save the syllabus.
2015 Resolved Issues
Published Assessment Settings Cannot Be Modified
After our update on Sept 19, assessment settings may not be able to be modified if Late Submissions are not allowed.
Un-select the Late Submissions option and select Accept Until setting, then make the Accept Until date and time match the Due Date.
- Improved load performance for topics with a long series of messages
- Fixed bug where the “Accept Until” date caused some assessments to be published as “Inactive”
MH Campus Grade Sync:
- Fixed bug which caused "MH Campus Grade Sync” to stop working
- Unable to import grade items into Gradebook 2 for a Summer and Fall 2015 Course site
- Roster Overview not appearing in Internet Explorer
- Bug Report when deleting an Assessment attempt
Fill in the Blank Assessment Question Type not automatically grading
If you use special characters in your Fill in the Blank Assessment question, TRACS will likely not automatically grade the question when a student submits their answer.
Answer choices can contain letters and digits and some characters, such as # % @ ~ ^ $ ( ) [ ]. Make sure there are no special characters in the answer, as this can cause the answer to not be automatically graded by TRACS.
This means that in your answer there should not be any spaces, tabs, slashes, unusual characters or any of the following symbols < > & " "
Unable to join Meetings
The server status for all Meetings will be unreachable and participants will not be able to join a Meeting.
Attendance Tool not updating scores to the Gradebook
The Attendance tool is not currently updating scores into the TRACS Gradebook.
Embedded streaming videos in TRACS Lessons
Vimeo Video Workaround:
- Copy and paste the URL for the Vimeo video
- Add "player" to the beginning of the url
- After ".com/" enter "video/".
https://vimeo.com/47793390 should become
The video will now be embedded in the Lesson.
TedTalk Video Workaround:
- Copy and paste the URL for the TedTalk video
- Change "http" to "https"
- Replace "www" with "embed-ssl"
- Add ".html" to the end of the URL
The video will now be embedded in the Lesson.
- Allow max points to be set in Total Score field for ePortfolio assignments if the associated rubric’s max score is set to zero
- Site Assistant role appears in Gradebook 2
- Move Spring 2015 course sites to the top of the list in “More Sites”
- Student names duplicating
- Student names not sorting in alphabetical order
- Roster disappears when the ability to track students’ attendance is removed
- Gradebook 2 alert indicates that the gradebook is weighted incorrectly though it is properly weighted.
- MyLabsPlus Grade Import screen cuts off grade items.
- ePortfolio/TRACS Assignments integration does not allow reordering of assignments.
- Authorizer’s Net ID field appears in Add Roster page when instructor is listed as instructor of record.
- When all Forums are deleted, a bug report error appears when creating a new forum.
- "Less Than/Greater Than" symbols entered as answers for Fill in the Blank assessment questions counted as incorrect.
- Improve wording to indicate to students which assignments have been saved but not submitted.
- Improve wording in Preferences of My Workspace to indicate site location customization.
- Remove grade scale format “Letter Grades with +/-" to comply with the Registrar’s acceptable Final Grades list.
- Roster tool not displaying new photos of students and faculty on Pictures page.
- TurnItIn new account email notifications from Turnitin.com sent to instructors and maintainers of new TRACS sites.
- MH Campus will now open in a new window for better linking to publisher content.
- Import of grades from MyLabsPlus to TRACS Gradebook 2.
- Pasted text from Microsoft Word documents and embedded code in any Rich Text Editor incorrectly flagged as insecure.
- Attachments sent using the TRACS Email tool not being attached to the sender's copy of the email, despite recipients receiving attachments.
- "Select All" function in Email tool not displaying all check boxes as being selected.
- When trying to add permissions to individual folder in Resources, new permissions do not take effect.
- Display of user's own profile picture in Forums in the place of the poster's profile picture.
- Statistics in Gradebook 2 including dropped/inactive students.
- Assignments added zeroes for student grades when released for resubmission.
- Adding negative value for "Negative point value for incorrect answer selection" resulted in adding points to True/False and Multiple Choice (single correct) assessment questions.
- Attendance Tool displaying students who have switched sections in multiple attendance rosters.
- Roster Display Anomaly
- Paste from Word Security Issue
- Mailing List Archive - Email not sent to sender
- Assessment Feedback Not Selecting