To import course material from other sites you own, follow the steps below. For steps on how to export/import Learning Modules, please see the Learning Modules how-to guide.
- In the left Tool List of your site, click [Site Info].
- Click [Import from Site].
- Choose which option you would like to use:
- I would like to replace my data: Any existing data in the site will be overwritten and replaced with the imported material. This method allows you to import Gradebook settings and options from another site.
- I would like to merge my data: Your imported materials will be combined with existing information in the site. This method does NOT import Gradebook settings and options from other sites.
- I would like to merge my user(s): Your imported users(s) will be combined with the existing site participants. This method will not import university course rosters.
- Choose the site you want to import materials from.
- Click [Continue].
- Select the tools you would like to import items from by clicking the check box next to the material you would like to add.
- Click [Finish]. The items you checked (e.g. announcements) will be imported into your current site within the appropriate tool—Announcements, Gradebook, etc.
NOTE: If your Lessons tool links to any content from other tools that were imported separately, that content will need to be re-linked.
If your Lessons tool links to content from other tools and was imported at the same time as the Lessons tool, the linked content will be preserved.