If you are creating your Site and do not see the roster you need you will have to request it. You must be designated as the instructor of record to create a course site with a roster. Please contact your department’s Administrative Assistant and make sure that you have been designated as the Faculty of Record with the University Registrar.
- In My Workspace, click [Worksite Setup] in the left Tool List.
- Click [New] towards the top of the screen.
NOTE: A new site can also be created by clicking [+ Add New Site] in [More Sites] and in the [Profile] menu by clicking the blue [Profile] icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the new screen, select the course site option.
- Use the drop-down list to select the Academic term or semester in which the course will be taught. Click [Continue].
- Click [Show] to view the Appropriate Use Statement and Copyright, Teach Act, Fair Use, Digital Millennium and Texas State Policies.
- Click the checkbox to accept the appropriate use statement and copyright policies.
- Click [Continue].
- If you do not see the course listed, click the link, Add course(s) and/or section(s) not listed above... Enter the appropriate subject, course, and section information for the roster you are requesting in the designated text fields. An example roster would be (subject) Eng (course) 1100 (section) 251.
- In the text field, [Authorizer's Net ID], enter the Net ID of the authorizer who will approve the roster request. This is the person that will contact a TRACS administrator to verify that you should have access to the roster.
- (Optional) Provide any special instructions to send to a TRACS administrator in the [Special Instructions] text field.
- Click [Continue] to proceed to the next screen, where you will enter information about the class.
NOTE: You can click the [Back] button at the bottom of every screen to return to a previous screen or [Cancel] to exit the course creation process.
- (Optional) Edit the Site Title.
- (Optional) Enter a Description of the course. You may also add a Short Description of the course.
- Your name and email address should appear in the Site Contact Name and Site Contact Email fields.
- Click [Continue] to proceed to the next screen.
- Choose tools to include on your site. A description is provided for each tool. If you have chosen the Mailing List Archive, News, or Web Content tools, you will be asked to enter further information.
- (Optional) If you would like to use materials from another TRACS site you have previously created, click the [Yes] option when asked if you'd like to re-use material from other sites you own. Once you click the [Yes] option, click on the the title of the site in the list displayed to import materials.
- Click [Continue].
- Set course site access. The Publish site option is selected by default. Select Leave as Draft to make the site unavailable to participants. Click [Continue].
- Confirm your site setup selections.
- Click [Request Site] to create your site, or [Cancel] to exit.
Once you create the site, you will be returned to the Worksite Setup page and will see the new site at the top of the screen or it may be located in More Sites.
NOTE: Click the site title to go to the site, where you can begin adding content.
Once a TRACS administrator has obtained approval from your department to add the roster, students will be enrolled in the site.