TRACS course sites are created by the instructor and do not automatically appear in TRACS. To create a course site for your course(s):
- In My Workspace, click [Worksite Setup] in the left Tool List. Click [New] towards the top of the screen.
NOTE: A new site can also be created by clicking [+ Add New Site] in [More Sites] and in the [Profile] menu by clicking the blue [Profile] icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the new screen, select the course site option.
- Use the drop-down list to select the Academic term or semester in which the course will be taught. Click [Continue].
- Click [Show] to view the Appropriate Use Statement and Copyright, Teach Act, Fair Use, Digital Millennium and Texas State Policies.
- Click the checkbox to accept the appropriate use statement and copyright policies.
- Click [Continue].
- You will see a screen that displays a list of your courses. Select the course for which you want to create a site by checking the appropriate box. You are allowed to select multiple sections of the same course, if you would like. In essence, you will be enrolling all of the students into one course site.
- If you do not see the course you are assigned to teach, please view the Create a Course Site Troubleshooting Guide for further information.
- Click [Continue] to proceed to the next screen where you will enter information about the course.
NOTE: You can click the [Back] button at the bottom of every screen to return to a previous screen, or [Cancel] to exit the course creation process.
- (Optional) Edit the Site Title. The Site Title section should automatically be filled in. Enter an optional Description of the course. You may also add a Short Description of the course. Your name and email address should appear in the Site Contact Name and Site Contact Email fields. Click [Continue] to proceed to the next screen.
- Choose tools to include on your site. A description is provided for each tool. If you have chosen the Mailing List Archive, News, or Web Content tools, you will be asked to enter further information.
- If you would like to use materials from another TRACS site you have previously created, click the [Yes] option when asked if you'd like to re-use material from other sites you own. Once you click the [Yes] option, click on the the title of the site in the list displayed to import materials.
- Click [Continue] to proceed to the next screen.
- Set access options for your site. Select Leave as Draft to make the site unavailable to participants. Click [Continue].
- Confirm your site setup selections. Click [Back] at the bottom of the screen if you need to go backwards to make changes. Click [Create Site] to create your site, or [Cancel] to exit.
- Once you create the site, you will be returned to the Worksite Setup page and will see the new site at the top of the screen or it may be located in More Sites.
NOTE: Click the site title to go to the site, where you can begin adding content.