Assessment Best Practices
To minimize issues while taking an online assessment in TRACS, please review our best practices guide before taking an assessment.
If enabled by your instructor, you may also mark a question for review. This allows you to come back to any question you have marked.
- To view a list of marked or unanswered questions, select View unanswered or marked questions button.
Take an Assessment
- Navigate to the site where the assessment is posted.
- In the left Tool List of your site, select Assessments.
- In the Take an Assessment section, you will see a list of available assessments. Click the assessment's title to begin.
NOTE: You will see specifics about the assessment such as the date due, time limit, number of submissions, and feedback will be provided on this page.
- Select Begin Assessment to take the assessment.
- Answer each question.
- To move to the next question, select Next.
- To go back to a previous question select Previous.
- Select the Save button to save your progress on the assessment and remain on the same screen.
NOTE: Never use your browser's Back button to navigate.
- When you are finished with the assessment, select Submit for Grading. Upon completion, you will receive a confirmation number.
I experienced an issue while taking an assessment!
Contact your instructor and TRACS Support IMMEDIATELY! TRACS Support can verify your activity in Assessments. Call us at 512.245.5566 or fill out our TRACS Activity Verification form so we can better assist you.
Resuming an Assessment
If the instructor has enabled the Automatic Submission feature and your assessment's due date has passed, your saved assessment may have been submitted automatically.
- In the left Tool List of the site, select Assessments.
- In the Take an Assessment section, select the title of the assessment you wish to work on.
- Select Begin Assessment to resume your work.
NOTE: You can select the View unanswered or marked questions button to see a list of all assessment questions you have and have not answered. Select the question you wish to answer and continue from.
- When you have finished, select Submit for Grading. You will receive a confirmation number you should keep.
Select the icon on the right to view Feedback for an Assessment. The availability of feedback and the type of feedback displayed to students will vary depending on the feedback settings selected by the instructor.