Assessment Best Practices
To minimize issues while taking an online assessment in TRACS, please review our best practices guide before taking an assessment.
If enabled by your instructor, you may also mark a question for review. This allows you to come back to any question you have marked.
- To view a list of marked or unanswered questions, click the [View unanswered or marked questions] button.
Take an Assessment
- Navigate to the site where the assessment is posted.
- In the left Tool List of your site, click [Assessments].
- In the Take an Assessment section, you will see a list of available assessments. Click the assessment's title to begin.
NOTE: You will see specifics about the assessment such as the date due, time limit, number of submissions, and feedback will be provided on this page.
- Click [Begin Assessment] to take the assessment.
- Answer each question.
- To move to the next question, click [Next].
- To go back to a previous question click [Previous].
- Click the [Save] button to save your progress on the assessment and remain on the same screen.
NOTE: Never use your browser's Back button to navigate.
- When you are finished with the assessment, click [Submit for Grading]. Upon completion, you will receive a confirmation number.
I experienced an issue while taking an assessment!
Contact your instructor and TRACS Support IMMEDIATELY! TRACS Support can verify your activity in Assessments. Call us at 512.245.5566 or fill out our TRACS Activity Verification form so we can better assist you.