The Syllabus tool provides a place in the course site for the instructor to post a syllabus and for students to access the syllabus.
The Syllabus tool allows instructors to upload an existing syllabus document as a downloadable file, display syllabi as text in the Syllabus tool for quick reference, or both. Instructors also have the option to link to a syllabus posted to an off site internet location.
Add Syllabus Item
- In the Syllabus tool, select Add Item to create a syllabus.
- Enter a title for your syllabus in the Title field.
- In the Content, field begin typing your syllabus. You may also copy and paste an existing syllabus into the content field.
- Select Add and Publish to save and make your syllabus item available to students, select the Add to save your syllabus item as a draft, or select Cancel to exit without saving.
Add Attachment to Syllabus
You may add links and files as attachments to a syllabus item you have created.
- In the syllabus item you created select Add Attachments.
- You will have three options for sharing your Syllabus:
- If your syllabus is a file on your computer, select Choose File to locate and select the file from your computer.
- If your sylllabus exists outside of TRACS, you may enter a URL and select Add.
- If your syllabus file has been uploaded to your sites Resources, you may find it under the Resources section and select Select.
- Select Continue to upload the file or Cancel to exit
- The attached file will be located below the syllabus item.
- To delete the attachment, select the red X to the right of the attachment.