The Email tool allows site members to send an email message to site participants using a built-in HTML editor.
Emails can be sent to site participants by role, section, group, and to select individuals. The Email tool also provides a field for specifying non-site participant email addresses.
How to Send an Email
- Select Message Recipients.
- Email All site participants.
- Select the check box next to All.
- Email a Site Role
- Select Role to expand the list of roles within the site. (You may also click the role link to expand the list to show individual participants.)
- Select the check box next to the role and/or participant.
- Email a Section or Group
- Select Sections or Group to expand the list within the site. (You may also click on the section or group link to expand the list and show individual participants.)
- Select the check box next to the section and/or individual.
- Email and address for a Non-Site Participant.
- Select Other Recipients and enter the email address into the text area provided. If you would like to email multiple recipients, separate the addresses with commas.
- Enter a Subject line then compose your message. You may also add attachments if you would like.
- (Optional) Select the check box next to Add to Mailing List Archive, Visible to All site participants if you want to add the email to your Mailing List Archive. This will only be visible if you have enabled the Mailing List Archive tool in your site.
- (Optional) Select the check box next to Append list of Recipients to Message if you want to add a list of who received the message to the email.
- Select Send Mail to send your email.
The sender of the email will automatically receive a copy of the message. The email will contain a list of recipients who received the email. Multiple recipients are all blind carbon copied.