Blogs allows site participants to keep an online journal where people may post, view, and respond to entries. Blogs are editable by site administrators and may be viewable by the whole site or only by site administrators, depending on the settings chosen by the blog's author.
Add a Blog
- Select Add Blog Entry.
- Give your blog posting a Title.
- Type your blog post. You may use the built-in editor to format your text as desired.
- Choose who can see the blog entry by selecting the available options:
- Only site administrators and I can see this entry: Only the author and those people with the appropriate role, such as instructor, maintainer, TA, and site collaborator, may view the blog.
- All members of this site can see this entry: Every member of the site is able to view the blog posting.
- This entry is publicly visible: This will allow Blog to be viewed outside of TRACS.
- Select Publish entry.
Edit a Blog
As an instructor you may edit your blog post or any site participant's post.
- Select the name of the blogger whose blog you want to edit.
- Select Edit entry under the blog you wish to edit.
- Make the necessary edits and select Publish entry.
Comment on a Blog
- Select the name of the blogger whose blog you want to leave a comment on.
- Select Leave a comment under the blog post.
- Write your comment and select Publish comment to post your comment.
Delete a Blog
- Select the name of the blogger whose blog you want to delete.
- Underneath the blog which you wish to remove, select Remove entry.
- Select OK.
Add an Image to your Blog Profile Picture
- In My Workspace, select Resources from the left Tool List.
- Select on the Add drop-down menu, and select Upload File.
- Drag-and-drop the file onto the designated area of the browser window or select the gray area to browse for a file.
- Select Continue to upload the image.
- To the right of your item, select the Actions drop-down menu, and select Edit Details.
- Select the button next to This file is publicly viewable.
- Copy the item's URL from the Web Address (URL) field.
- Select Update.
- Navigate to your TRACS site Blog tool.
- Select My Blog Settings.
- Paste the URL you copied in Step 7.
- Select Change settings.
How to add an Image, Movie, or Audio Recording into a post
The TRACS Text Editor allows you link to resources such as images, movies, audio recordings and web links.
For more information select the following link: http://tracsfacts.its.txstate.edu/Documents/Getting-Started/TRACS-TextEditor.html