Version 10.6.2 03/23/2016
Drop Box (not the file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc.) allows instructors and students to share documents within a private folder for each student. Drop Box works like the Resources tool to allow you to upload many types of files and also allows for nested folders (folders within folders). Drop Box folders are created for students and participants automatically when the tool is added. The instructor can view, delete, and modify items in any student’s Drop Box.
Drop Box is not meant to be used for mass file sharing. If you would like to present a resource to the entire site, please use the Resources tool.
NOTE: Drop Box folders for participants who have dropped the course or have been removed from the site are automatically hidden from view. If you would like to see that information, click the [Show/Hide Inactive Participants] at the top of the screen.
- Adding the Drop Box Tool
- Adding a Folder to a Participant's Drop Box Folder
- Adding a File to a Participant's Drop Box Folder
- Adding a File to a Participant's Drop Box Folder using Drag and Drop
- Adding a File to Multiple Drop Box Folders
- Adding an HTML Document to a Student's Drop Box Folder
- Adding a Simple Text Document to a Student's Drop Box Folder
Recover Deleted Materials
- In the main site folder of Drop Box, select the Actions dropdown menu and select Restore from the list of options.
- A list of all deleted files will appear on the screen. Select the checkbox(es) for the files you want to recover.
- Click Restore button located at the top of the page.
All selected resources will be restored into the originating dropbox folder they were deleted from.