Attendance Using Student Checkin Code
The Student Checkin Code feature allows Instructors to create an attendance session which generates a random 6 digit numeric code which students will need to enter to be marked as present.
Create Checkin Session
- Select Add Session.
- Enter the session's date and time.
- Select the checkbox for Create checkin code. A randomly generated numeric code will be created.
- Select Create Session. The default status for all students will be Absent.
- Select Show Checkin Code in your newly created attendance session to display the code to students. The checkin code will display in a new browser window.
Set Up Checkin Settings
When a Checkin session is active, students will have a set number of minutes to be counted as Present, Late or Absent.
- Present - Student is marked Present if they check in within 15 minutes before and after the session start time.
- Late - Student is marked Late when they check in between 15 and 30 minutes after the session start time.
- Absent - Student is marked Absent when they check in after 30 minutes or if they don't check in.
Change Checkin Attendance Setting
- Select Settings.
- Change Mark as Late to the preferred number of minutes to be marked late.
- Change Mark as Absent to the preferred number of minutes to be marked absent.
- Select Save Settings to save changes.
When the attendance session is active the instructor will be able to display the Checkin code to the students.
- In the active session, select Show Checkin Code. An external window will appear displaying the random numeric code.
- When you no longer want the code to be displayed, close the window.